2.12.2009

Gracie is almost here - update and prayer requests

We are 10 days away from meeting Grace! I am scheduled for a c-section on Monday, February 23rd at 7:30am. We are very excited to finally see her in person. It is hard to believe that this little body that has been developing inside of me for 38 weeks, and whom I feel constantly, will soon take her first breath of fresh air. We can't wait to hold her in our arms.

I am still feeling a bit nervous about how much life is going to change in a week or so, especially in regards to Caleb. I do still have moments of being sad that this season with only Caleb is coming to an end. But I also feel really thankful for the peace God has given me in this past month as I have really tried to surrender it all to Him. As soon as I was really real before God about how I was feeling and realized that He was the only one that was going to give me peace, I saw Him really work. Beginning practically the day after I had this encounter with God, I began really talking to Caleb about his sister Gracie, telling him things like - "Mommy is going to go to the hospital and the doctors are going to take your baby sister out of mommy. And papa and nana are going to stay with you." We have continued having these types of conversations daily, and mainly because he brings it up! He often will tell me "baby out, papa and nana come." And now that my body is in more discomfort I can no longer do as much for him (pick him up right when he needs me to, etc...) and when I move a certain way that hurts, Caleb will say "baby out, papa and nana come." It is almost like he kind of gets it.... and to a degree I think he does :) So I know that God is preparing all of us for this new transition - even Caleb.

Thank you for your excitement and support through the last few months. And we would also appreciate your prayers as we begin this new season in our life. Please pray that I would continue to rest, trust and rely on God through it all - my c-section/recovery, our separation from Caleb while we are at the hospital, transition with Caleb back at home, lack of sleep/energy, our family time, etc... I really want these coming months, as exhausting as they will be, to be a sweet and precious time for our family.

thank you
melissa, dan and caleb




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa we love you guys! I am praying for you guys and am also very excited to meet Grace also!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful family. You are in our prayers and we hope to be able to meet your beautiful little girl soon.
-Mari and Jake

Anonymous said...

It's been wonderful getting to know you through the mommy groups. Your family is in my prayers. We are very excited to meet Gracie.
-Katie and Isabella

Jason Lomelino said...

We are praying too - we love you guys and will see you on the 23rd! Excited for Grace, we need more of that in the world!

Unknown said...

Can't believe that day is already here! We know Caleb will hold out well and you will do great! GOOD LUCK, you are in our prayers!!

Unknown said...

Can't believe that day is already here! We know Caleb will hold out well and you will do great! GOOD LUCK, you are in our prayers!!

Unknown said...

I'm praying for you all and will be up there as quick as I can to meet my beautiful new niece!!

Love you, Lu

Todd said...

I really liked this line:
"As soon as I was really real before God about how I was feeling and realized that He was the only one that was going to give me peace, I saw Him really work."
I've found that to be true in my experience time and time again with God. So cool.
Blessings on this big week for you guys!